Apple has quietly released iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5. This update does not bring significant changes, but it does improve some native applications.
Apple has just released updates to its operating system for its smartphones and tablets.
The newiOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5 do not bring significant changes, but several improvements for the Cash and Podcasts application .
To update your devices you need to go to the Settings app , then General and Software Update.
It’s unclear if this update will be the last before the first beta of iOS 16, which is due to arrive shortly after Apple’s WWDC 2022 event in June.
What’s new in iOS 15.5
- Wallet now allows Apple Cash customers to send and request money from their Apple Cash card.
- Apple Podcasts includes a new setting to limit the episodes stored on your iPhone and automatically delete the oldest ones.
- Fixes an issue where home automations, triggered by people arriving or leaving, may fail.
Some extra changes in iOS 15.5
Here’s a short list of changes in iOS 15.5 that have been spotted that haven’t been mentioned in Apple ‘s release note :
- Includes support for apps with external purchases.
- iOS 15.5 supports Bancomat and Bancontact networks in Apple Pay.
- Apple changes the name of iTunes Pass in the Wallet app.
- Blocking ‘Sensitive Locations’ for the Memories app in Photos.