Spider-Man: No Way Home topped the billion mark at the international box office.
Estimates are $ 1.003 billion for a global total of $ 1.74 billion. The global IMAX revenue is $ 108M.
Jon Watts ‘ film became the UK’s most successful cinecomic ever, with $ 120.1M, and ranks 6th on the list of the most successful films of all time.
Mexico follows ($ 74.4M); South Korea ($ 61.5M); France ($ 61.2M); Australia ($ 55.2M, -23%); Brazil ($ 53.8M); Russia ($ 46M); Germany ($ 45.1M, -16%); India ($ 36.2M); Japan ($ 29.7M); Spain ($ 29.6M, -19%); Italy ($ 27M, -20%); Indonesia ($ 25.6M); Argentina ($ 18M) and Taiwan ($ 17.6M).
No Way Home is the tenth title to cross this threshold, and without the help of China which has not yet given a release date for the film. Globally, the film ranks sixth in the ranking of the most successful films of all time.
It is also the highest-grossing superhero film in 19 international territories: Argentina, Belgium, Croatia, Egypt, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Lithuania, Mexico, Mongolia, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Syria, Turkey, Ukraine and the United Kingdom.
The top 10
1. Spider-Man: Far From Home (Sony) 3-day: $ 32.1m, 3-day int: $ 21.1m, Tot. Int: $ 1 billion, worldwide: $ 1.7 billion, Territories: 64
2. Sing 2 (Universal) 3 -days: $ 22.2m, 3-day int: $ 17.4m, Tot. int: $ 133.4m, worldwide: $ 267.9m, Territories: 62
3. Scream (Paramount) 3-day: $ 13.8m, 3-day int: $ 6.5m, Tot. Int: $ 44.1m, worldwide: $ 106.2m, Territories: 56
4. Nightmare Alley (Disney) 3-day: $ 6.6m, 3-day int: $ 6.1m, Tot. Int: $ 12.6m, worldwide: $ 22.9m, Territories : 42
5. The King’s Man (Disney) 3-day: $ 5.9m, 3-day int: $ 4.2m, Tot. Int: $ 80.4m, worldwide: $ 114.4m, Territories: 47
6. Fireflies In The Sun(various) 3-day: $ 4m, 3-day int: $ 4m, Tot. int: $ 174.8m, worldwide: $ 174.8m, Territories: 1
7. Embrace Again (various) 3-day: $ 3.8m, 3-day int: $ 3.8m, Tot. int: $ 145.8m, worldwide: $ 145.8m, Territories: 2
8. Belfast (Focus) 3-day: $ 3.2m, 3-day int: $ 3.1m, Tot. int: $ 8.7m, worldwide: $ 15.9m, Territories: 4
9. The Pirates: The Last Royal Treasure (various) 3-day: $ 2.9m, 3-day int: $ 2.9m, Tot. Int: $ 3.1m, worldwide: $ 3.1m, Territories: 1
10. House Of Gucci (Universal) 3-day: $ 2.5m, 3-day int: $ 2m, Tot. Int: $ 89.5m, worldwide: $ 142.4m, Territories: 37
In second place Universal / Illumination Sing 2 , which grossed $ 17.4M (-23%) in 62 territories. The film dethroned No Way Home in the UK, grossing $ 9.3M. The best animated debut during the pandemic, and the third best debut since the release of 1917 in January 2020. On Saturday alone, it grossed more than 20% of the combined gross of the other Top 10 titles. best result for an animated film, since the release of Frozen 2 in November 2019.
Last weekend Sing 2 became the most successful Hollywood animated feature during the pandemic, grossing $ 133.4M globally, $ 268M globally.
The main market is the French one where it grossed $ 18M, after 6 weeks the box office dropped only 8%. Australia follows ($ 12.6M, -21%); Mexico ($ 12.3M, -25%) and Germany ($ 5.1M, -4%).
Scream tops $ 100M at the global box office, grossed $ 6.5M (-38%) from 55 international territories, for an international total of $ 44.1M and global of $ 106.2M.
In India, where cinemas are 70% open and 50% capacity, it grossed $ 80,000 from 250 screens. Among the key territories: UK ($ 8.3M); Australia ($ 3.8M) and France ($ 3.7M), Brazil ($ 2.2M, -28%).
Matrix Resurrections ( WB ) topped $ 150M at the worldwide box office, grossing $ 2.1M from 72 markets, totaling $ 115.6M. The main takings are: China ($ 13.2M); Japan ($ 12.2M) and UK ($ 10M), global revenue is $ 152.8M.
Paw Patrol: The Paramount / Nickelodeon / Spin Master movie surpassed $ 100M at the international box office. The film grossed $ 100.3M, and globally: $ 140M.
The main territories are: Germany ($ 12.6M); UK ($ 12M); France ($ 11.5M); China ($ 8.8M); Poland ($ 5.3M); Spain ($ 3.5M); Mexico and the Netherlands ($ 3.1M); Australia ($ 2.9M); Japan ($ 2.4M) and Brazil ($ 2.4M).
Finally last Friday Venom: Carnage’s Fury ($ 213,550,366 in 117 days) surpassed Venom ‘s US takings , ($ 213,515,506 in 112 days).
Globally, the film has surpassed $ 506M.