On its thirteenth Friday in theaters, Top Gun: Maverick is estimated to have grossed $ 1.55M (-21.3% from last week) from 2,969 sales, bringing.
The total to $ 679.07M and thus surpassing Avengers: Infinity War ($ 678.8M). The film thus rises to sixth place of the highest grossing ever in the US, behind Black Panther .
In international territories, it surpassed $ 700M, with no distribution in China and Russia. The highest takings were recorded in the UK ($ 95M), Japan ($ 82M), South Korea ($ 62M), Australia ($ 60M) and France ($ 52.8M). Globally, it achieved the 13th highest grossing ever of $ 1.379 billion.
Maverick will be available in PVOD after 90 days in theaters, starting August 23. The 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray edition will debut on November 1st instead.
Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero
Record-breaking first day for the film which opened on Friday with $ 10.75M, including $ 4.3M from Thursday premieres starting at 5 pm. 40% of the proceeds were recorded on IMAX and PLF screens (4DX, Dolby, D-box).
Super Hero broke the record held by Pokémon the movie for 23 years – Mewtwo strikes again ($ 10.1M), for the best first day in theaters for a Japanese animated feature film.
The film has exceeded the proceeds of the previews of:
- Jujutsu Kaisen 0 ($ 2.88M) which then opened over the weekend with $ 17.6M
- Demon Slayer: The Mugen train ($ 3.8M) which grossed $ 9.5M in the first day and $ 21.2M in the weekend.
- Third-best pandemic result for an animated film, behind Lightyear ($ 5.2M Wednesday and Thursday) and Minions 2 ($ 10.8M)
Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero could end its first weekend with a gross of $ 21M- $ 23M.
The film, which will have a 90-day window, obtained an 85% positive rating on PostTrak and was recommended by 75% of viewers, on Rotten Tomatoes the average of reviews is 91% positive.
For kids under 12, the film has an 84% positive rating on PostTrak and was recommended by 65%. The films were seen for 78% by fathers and sons, 18% under 17 and 70% between 18-34 years.
The audience was made up of 37% Hispanics and Latinos, 26% Caucasians, 21% Blacks and 16% Asians / others.
Top 10 estimates, August 20:
1. Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero : 3,007 theaters, Fri $ 10.75M (Crunchyroll) Wk 1
2. Beast : 3,743 theaters, Fri $ 4.27M (Uni) Wk 1
3. Bullet Train : 3,781 (-576) theaters, Fri $ 2.2M (-42%), Total: $ 63.18M, (Sony) Wk 3
4. Top Gun: Maverick : 2,969 (-212) theaters, Fri $ 1.55M (-21%), Total: $ 679.07M (Par) Wk 13
5. DC League of Super-Pets : 3,537 (-266) theaters, Fri $ 1.4M (-29%), Total: $ 63.11M, (WB) Wk 4
6. Thor: Love and Thunder : 2,755 (-420) theaters, Fri $ 1.07 M (-28%), Total: $ 329.15M (Disney) Wk 7
7. Nope : 2,381 (-379) cinema, Fri $ 1.03M (-35%), Total: $ 111.24M (Uni) Wk 5
8.Minions 2 : 2,654 theaters (-414) cinemas, Fri $ 920,000 (-35%), Total: $ 347.44M (Uni) Wk 8
9. Where the Crawdads Sings : 2,608 (-308) cinemas, Fri $ 900,000 (-26%) ), Total: $ 75.48M, (Sony) Wk 6
10. Bodies Bodies Bodies : 2,541 (+1,251) cinema, Fri $ 728k (-44%) (A24), Total: $ 5.75M Wk 3
Beast starring Idris Elba grossed $ 925,000 from previews on Thursday, one of the lowest results for a film released in more than 3,700 theaters during the pandemic. On the other hand, it surpassed both West Side Story ($ 850k) and Moonfall ($ 700k).
The film, which opened on Friday with $ 4.3M (including previews), scored B on CinemaScore and 65% on Postrack, was recommended by only 46% of viewers. It could end its first weekend with $ 10.1M- $ 14M. This means that the film will be available on PVOD 17 days after its theatrical debut.
Paramount’s Orphan: First Kill had a day-and-date release on Paramount + and in theaters. Released in 498 theaters alone, it grossed $ 670,000 yesterday.