Uncharted has been the undisputed king of the weekend for four days of Presidents’ Day .
The film further surpassed expectations by grossing $ 44M over the weekend and $ 51M over the four days. This is the best film debut in 2022.
Fri: $ 15.4M (including $ 3.7M of Thursday previews)
Sat: $ 16.3M (+ 6%)
Sun: $ 12.3M (-24%)
Mon: $ 7.0M (-43%)
3-day: $ 44M
4-day: $ 51M
Sony ‘s film grossed nearly half (48%) of sales of Top 10 films, $ 106.1M.
Over the course of 10 weeks Tom Holland managed to stay in the top 10 spot 8 times, with two different films: 6 from Spider-Man: No way home and now Uncharted .
Next week the new Sony film will have no competition, and Uncharted will remain at the top of the podium.
In second place is Dog , the film grossed $ 14.91M over the weekend and $ 18.01M over four days. In recent years Channing Tatum has returned to theaters as a voice actor, but for a role in the flesh we have to go back to 2017, to Kingsman: The Golden Circle .
For a film made on a $ 15M budget, marking his debut as a co-director, this is a great start. We’ll see how next month goes with The Lost City with Bullock and Radcliffe.
The other new addition of the weekend is LD Entertainment’s The Cursed , which grossed $ 1.76M over the weekend and $ 2.01M in four days.
EntTelligence reveals that Uncharted attracted 3.5M viewers, 44% of the audience on Saturday. Dog 1.4M in the three days, 65% went to theaters before 7PM.
Top 10 Box Office: (estimates)
1. Uncharted , 4,275 theaters, Fri: $ 15.4M (includes previews), 3-day: $ 44.1M; 4-day: $ 51M, ( Sony ) Set1
2. Dog , 3,677 theaters, Fri: $ 5.04M ($ 1.3M during previews), 3-day: $ 14.91M; 4-day: $ 18.01M, ( UAR ) Sep1
3. Spider-Man: No Way Home , 2,956 (-344), Fri: $ 1.7M (-11%), 3-day: $ 7.40M; 4-day: $ 9.00M; Total: $ 771.94M, ( Sony ) Sep10
4. Murder on the Nile , 3,280 theaters, Fri: $ 1.76M (-65%), 3-day: $ 6.53M (-51%); 4-day: $ 7.51M; Total: $ 26.23M, ( De) Set2 5.
Jackass Forever, 3,071 (-582) theaters, Fri: $ 1.47M (-49%), 3-day: $ 5.21M; 4-day: $ 6.15M; Total: $ 47.69M, ( Par ) Sep3
6. Marry Me , 3,643 (+1) cinema, Fri: $ 1.08M (-64%), 3-day: $ 3.71M; 4-day: $ 4.31M; Total: $ 17.43M, ( Uni ) Set2
7. Sing 2 , 2,476 (-355) cinema, Fri: $ 590k (-12%), 3-day: $ 2.83M; 4-day: $ 3.76M; Total: $ 148.28M, ( Uni / Ill ) Sep9
8. Scream , 1,907 (-712) cinema, Fri: $ 515k (-37%), 3-day: $ 1.96M (-34%); 4-day: $ 2.29M; Total: $ 77.34M, ( Par ) Sep 6
9. Blacklight , 2,772 theaters, Fri: $ 470,000 (-62%), 3-day: $ 1.77M (-49%); 4-day: $ 2.06M; Total: $ 7.36M, (Briar ) Sep2
10. The Cursed , 1,687 theaters, Fri: $ 594,000, 3-days: $ 1.76M; 4-day: $ 2.01M, ( LD ) Set1
Out of the Top remains Moonfall : 3-days: $ 1.05M; 4-day: $ 1.25M, Total: $ 17.94M.