Microsoft is facing a radical change of identity in its Office environment , migrating towards ‘Microsoft 365’ as a concept.
Microsoft continues to renew flagship products within its catalog. After the change of identity in the browser, the cloud and its corporate communications system , they now point to a “sacred cow”: Office, after thirty years, will no longer be called Office. Well, at least it seems so
According to the Microsoft question and answer site , this change will take place from November of this year, and will impact the multiple platforms where the suite has a presence:
“Over the past two years, Microsoft 365 has evolved into our flagship productivity suite, so we’re building an experience to help you get the most out of Microsoft 365. In the coming months, Office.com, the mobile app Office and the Office app for Windows will become the Microsoft 365 app, with a new icon, a new look, and even more features.”
Office migrates to Microsoft 365
Despite the bombastic announcement, migration will not be complicated. From Microsoft they assure that this will not have an impact on existing accounts or files, and the process will end when we see a new icon in the Windows, Mac, iOS and Android apps that we use at home, at school or in the office.
For more premium apps and features, you can buy a Microsoft 365 subscription that’s right for you now and it will automatically update to this new look starting November 2022 on the web .
Microsoft 365: what will be new
There is an important list of new features within this brand change, which determines Microsoft 365 as the “new home” of PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, OneDrive and other company products.
- A new initial content creation module is coming, which will integrate templates and resources in the coming months.
- An applications module is added from where we can launch files and programs.
- A welcome badge is displayed that highlights the status of your Microsoft 365 subscription
- The “My Content” section will display files created by each user or shared on a work or school network, no matter where they are stored.
- The “Feed” section will display the activity of the partner network in an easy-to-understand workflow.
- The option to tag and group the content generated by oneself or a certain area will be added.
With these changes, Microsoft guarantees an evolution of the current product towards something more collaborative and based on social integration and resource optimization tools.