Telegram , the instant messaging app, is constantly improving its features. How to activate the ‘disappearing messages’ feature?
Telegram is one of the most popular instant messaging applications due to the tools it offers, such as free games, the option to create channels, and different options for sending messages.
The ‘self-destructing’ messages on Telegram
Telegram was one of the pioneering applications to offer the famous ‘self-destructing messages’, this option has been available since 2013 and makes it possible for the user to create and program messages within secret chats, but it was not until recently that option also worked for individual or group chats.
Each option to delete messages is different, whether for individual or group chats, and it is used by the user to evaluate deleting messages without having to empty the conversations by programming an expiration time for each of them. The time intervals to use are: 1 second, 1 minute, 1 day and 1 week.
Activate self-destruction of messages in private chat
- Open the conversation in private chats
- Choose the option to configure self-destruct
- Select the time interval and press ‘done’.
These secret chats cannot be forwarded and have the message end-to-end encrypted.
Activate self-destruction of messages in channels
- Enter the chosen channel in Telegram
- Open the menu and select Configure auto delete.
- A screen will open to select the deletion interval: No – For no deletion, 24 hours and 7 days.
- Once selected press ‘done’.
Enable self-destruction of messages in individual and group chats
- Open the conversation in the Telegram app .
- Touch the three dots option in chat
- Choose ’empty chat
- A window will appear that says: Auto delete messages from this chat
- The time intervals will be displayed: No – Not to delete, 24 hours and 7 days
- Once the interval has been selected, press ‘done’.
Once the option is selected, messages that self-destruct will be activated. These options can be disabled whenever the user wants, but the messages deleted in the time range can no longer be recovered.