Learn below the steps to follow to safely disconnect a USB in the Windows operating system.
USB connectors that allow devices to connect to the computer; however, to remove them from your computer you need to close the processes that are accessing your files.
The Windows Safe Disconnect feature is used for this process . When using this option, the system automatically stops the applications or processes that were reading or writing to the device, even if it seems that the user is not using it
There are many applications or programs that are in the background, such as antivirus. If the Safe Disconnect function is not used and the USB is removed abruptly, there is a danger that the device system and the files stored on it may be damaged
Learn how to safely unplug USB
It’s an easy thing to unplug a USB device before removing it
- Look in the notification area at the bottom right corner of the screen for the Safely Remove Hardware icon.
- Click on it to expand the message and select: Eject device , where ‘device’ corresponds to the name that it has
The steps to disconnect the USB device are simple and here we will teach you.
- The first step is to look in the lower right corner of the screen, in the notification area, for the Safely Remove Hardware icon
- Second step, click on the icon and a message will expand and you must select Eject device
- Also in Windows 8 and 7 you can go to explorer or My Computer and right click on the drive of the device, then select: Eject
For various reasons the extraction icon will not be available in this case it is necessary to create a shortcut to the function on the desktop
How to create an icon to safely disconnect USB devices in Windows?
This can be easily achieved by generating a shortcut and having it handy on the desktop. This practice is recommended if you have previously performed this type of function that Windows 10 allows. To do so, you must follow these steps:
- Right click on the desktop and in the menu choose: New, then shortcut
- In the next window: To which element do you want to create a shortcut, in the box you must write the location of the element, copy and paste the following line: rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll , click next
- Next in: Type a name, you should type “Disconnect USB” or any other name you want.
- Give to Finish.
Did you know that with Windows 10 you will be able to quickly disconnect the USB with performance?
In order for you to activate the best performance mode on a specific device, do the following:
- Plug in the USB device.
- Right click on the start button and open Disk Management.
- Select the drive of the device, right click and select Properties.
- In the Hardware tab select the device and press Properties
- Open the Policies tab, check the “Better performance” box, and click OK.
- Enable better performance option to disconnect USB removable devices in Windows 10