With this new feature of WhatsApp , you can easily transfer your chats, photos, videos and even audio messages from an Android phone to an iOS.
WhatsApp has finally implemented the transfer of history between Android and iPhone , one of the most anticipated functions by its users that, without a doubt, will be of great help to those who decide to migrate from one mobile operating system to another.
After a year of being in the testing phase and after an initial phase in which it was only available for Samsung mobile devices , the new function of the Meta instant messaging app can now be used by all its users. The announcement was published on the official WhatsApp blog , where they explained how it works.
WhatsApp embraces migration between operating systems
Since it was one of its main shortcomings in the past, WhatsApp took its time to develop a feature that allows a user to transfer their entire history from an Android mobile to an iOS mobile . This includes things like messages, photos, videos, and voice memos. This process does not cancel the end-to-end encryption at any time, so WhatsApp will not be able to access your conversations.
Previously, the only way to transfer all this information from one operating system to another was to use unofficial third-party applications that usually charged a fee for performing this service or exporting messages – and only messages – manually in plain text.
How to transfer my WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone?
To carry out this process, it is enough to have a USB-C to Lightning cable or compatible adapters and an updated version of WhatsApp on both devices. Also, you need to install the “Move to iOS” app if the switch will be from Android to iPhone . After this, you must follow the steps indicated below:
- Open the “Move to iOS” app on your Android phone and follow the on-screen prompts.
- A code will be displayed on the iPhone. When prompted, enter the code on your Android phone.
- Tap Continue and follow the instructions on the screen.
- On the Transfer data screen, select WhatsApp.
- Tap START on the Android phone and wait for WhatsApp to prepare the data for export. When this process is complete, you will be signed out of the Android phone.
- Tap NEXT to return to the Move to iOS app.
- Tap CONTINUE to transfer data from Android phone to iPhone and wait for Move to iOS to confirm the transfer is complete.
- Install the latest version of WhatsApp from the App Store .
- Open WhatsApp and sign in with the same phone number you used on your old device.
- When prompted, tap Get Started and wait for the process to complete.
- When you finish activating the new device, you will be able to see all your chats.
After this, you will be able to see all your chats with your messages, photos, videos and voice notes, just as you had on your previous device. It should be noted that this process can only be used when pairing a device for the first time. In other words, you will only have the option to import your information when you configure WhatsApp on your new mobile from scratch.