Instagram released an update that brings the ‘close friends’ feature that allows you to connect with selected users.
The Instagram application is known worldwide for its ‘stories’ feature and, although previously they were visible to the entire network of contacts.
It was possible to hide them from undesirable people using the privacy settings. It is where the user had to create a list of the people they do not want to see their stories to feel more comfortable.
The function of ‘Close friends’ or ‘Close friends’
Well, that was in the past, since Instagram has launched a new feature in which the user can create a special list for their stories. This new option is called Close Friends , which is available for both Android and iOS. It is a special list of followers with exclusive viewing permissions. You get this feature on both personal and business profiles.
How to create a ‘Close Friends’ list?
In order to create a Close Friends list you must follow these steps :
- Log in to the Instagram app and go to the profile screen. Next, tap on the three-bar icon in the top right corner.
- Select the Close Friends option from the list.
- On the Nearby Friends List screen, use search to find people you want to add to this list. Then tap on Add.
- You can also use Instagram auto-generated suggestions to easily find people. Just click on the tab
- Once you have added people, tap on the Done button at the top.
It also gives the option to be able to edit that Close Friends list to be able to add or remove some people.
- Go to the Nearby Friends option in the three-bar menu at the top of the Instagram profile screen.
- Tap on the Remove or Add option next to the person you want from the list.
And that’s it, that’s the easiest and safest way to keep each uploaded story protected and secure.