It’s designed to turn the iPad Pro into a tiny iMac .
Accessory company Anker has just released a USB-C hub designed to turn a tablet into a workstation.
The Anker 551 USB-C Hub was designed with the iPad Pro in mind, but is compatible with USB-C enabled tablets .
This has a pedestal to put the tablet. The base of the hub has seven connectors:
- MicroSD/SD 3.0 that goes up to 104 MB/s.
- USB-C connector to tablet.
- HDMI 2.0 connector capable of delivering 4K at 60Hz.
- USB-C PD for charging up to 100W.
- 2 USB A with speed up to 5 Gbps.
- 3.5mm headphone jack.
The Anker hub has different adjustment angles and can be folded for storage.
Price and availability
For now, Anker ‘s new hub is being sold in the US on its online store for $99. It’s also available on Amazon . It will be interesting to know if it will reach other markets and at what price.