PCs have a way to keep content hidden from anyone else.
Many times, people who share a PC at home want to have a little privacy or at least an exclusive space from everyone else. To do this, Windows 10 provides, in a very practical way, a folder where you can store files that the user does not want to share with anyone else.
This trick is exclusive for Windows 10 users, therefore, it is always necessary to keep the PC with the latest updates presented by the server and in optimal conditions to carry out its processes.
Steps to hide a folder
It should be noted that you can create and/or use the folders that the user already had before.
- Place all content (any file) that you want to hide from other users inside a created or about to create folder.
- Right-click on the folder and go to the “properties” section in the pop-up list.
- Once you are in the “Properties” option of the folder you want to keep silent, go to the “general” tab. In it, you must select the “hidden” section and then click “Apply” to be able to save the selected changes. This will keep the folder hidden.
- If the folder is properly hidden, it will appear as a transparent icon. Now, if the user wants it to stop being seen completely, he has the option to hide this type of file.
- In such a case you want to hide the file, go to the menu at the top of the browser and press the “view” option.
- The requested menu options will be displayed, then you must press the “show or hide” option and then an option with three more options will be displayed, press the one that indicates “hidden elements”, in this way the said folder will no longer be displayed.