The new version of Windows 11 on PCs brings the weather widget, which is located on the taskbar, which causes inconvenience to the user, since they can press it casually.
The new Windows 11 system has brought with it new improvements, such as the weather widget, this option is located on the taskbar. Like other weather widget, this one shows current location temperature, weather and zone.
When the widget icon is clicked, it expands showing all its functions, however, normally, it is pressed casually and the one that appears on the screen can be awkward. That is why this guide will explain how to remove the weather widget in Windows 11.
The different ways to remove Weather Widget in Windows 11
If the following steps are carried out, the weather widget will be quickly removed in the Windows 11 system.
- Using Windows Settings
- First you must open the Windows settings, for this, use the Windows + I keys
- Then go to Personalization and then to Taskbar
- Locate Widgets feature
- Finally, press deactivate
By using Registry
Run the following procedures.
- To get started, you need to open the run prompt with the Windows key + R
- Next, you must type regedit and press Shift + Enter to open the editor with administrator permission
- Then, the following path must be followed: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft
- Right click and create a Dsh folder
- Later, create a new DWORD with the name AllowNewsAndInterests
- Then double click it to open, then select Hexadecimal and set the value to 0
- Finally, click on the OK button to save the changes.
Through Group Policy
Run the following prompts.
- Open the Run box, to do this, perform the Windows + R keys
- Next, type gpedit.msc and press Enter
- The Policy Editor will open
- Then go to Computer Settings
- Next to the Administrative Templates.
- After Windows Components.
- Finally, Widgets will be reached and disable must be selected to remove or turn it off.