The WhatsApp application is used by millions of users around the world and is constantly updated to adapt to new user needs.
One of the new updates is the integration it has with the Android and Apple security systems, since the application now allows unlocking via Face ID (on iOS) or fingerprint (on Android).
Activating it is very simple and does not require more than five minutes.
Activate Fingerprint unlock feature on Android
To perform the WhatsApp fingerprint unlock function with Android:
- Touch the three vertical dots icon at the top right
- Go to the settings menu and then account
- Press on privacy and scroll to the bottom
- Locate the fingerprint lock option and activate it
Depending on the mobile device, Android will request some identification requirement to ensure that it is the user who owns the phone, after activating it the option will be ready to use, it is recommended to test it by leaving and entering the app.
Activate the unlock function by Face ID in Apple
To activate the WhatsApp unlock function, you need to go to the settings menu and follow these steps:
- Make sure you have the latest version of WhatsApp
- Enter the ‘Settings’ section
- Choose the option account and then privacy
- Click on screen lock and activate the function require Face ID
- Choose the time range where you want to block the app, the range goes from one minute to one hour
Apple may ask the user to enter their 4 or 6-digit code with which they open the iPhone, or failing that, the configured Face ID.
Ready! In this way , WhatsApp will have been configured with the screen lock tools of each operating system.