On a PC , the IP address is the location of the technology device on an internal network.
Every PC has an IP address that represents the Internet location of the device .
The IP address is present in the devices that maintain an Internet connection, coming to have a private IP address and a public IP address.
This guide will explain step by step how to find the private or public IP address of a PC in a simple way.
What is a public IP address?
It is made up of 3 numbers in a row of 4, these numbers are separated by dots. These codes allow the device to be recognized and to browse the Internet.
How to find a public IP address?
- Only the following instructions should be followed:
- First, you must enter the router interface
- Next, look at the public IP address, which is normally visible.
What is a private IP address?
Instead, the private IP address allows devices connected to the same router to communicate with each other. For example, if a cell phone is connected to a router, it will be assigned a private IP address.
How to find a private IP address?
- First, press the Windows + R icon.
- A Run dialog box will open.
- Then write the following code in the box: ipconfig.
- Finally, a box will appear with the IPv4 address.
Another way to know the private IP address.
- Go to Settings, then click on the Network and Internet option.
- Then select Status from the options on the left side of the screen.
- On the right side of the screen you will find the option Properties of the active network, just click on it.
- Finally, within that option the private IP address will be displayed.
- The following steps must be performed.
- Open the System Preferences window and click on the Network option.
- In the Network option, select the type of connection that is being used.
- Finally, go to the Status option in the central box, there indicate the private IP address.