Telegram , an app that was launched in 2013 by the Durov brothers, allows you to edit messages that have already been sent. How to do it? In this note we explain it in detail.
Telegram is one of the apps that competes with WhatsApp, either because of its functions or because of its privacy policies. But, on the other hand, this platform brings an option that other messaging applications do not have, for example, the ability to edit a message that has already been sent.
There are many users who make writing errors and cannot correct it; however, in this note we explain how to do it in a simple way so as not to spend an uncomfortable moment due to incorrect spelling.
Message editing works in a similar way to the Slack application. This allows you to edit a message that was sent and contains misspellings, however, the message will have an edited label that will show up in private and group chats.
How to edit a message sent on Telegram?
From an Android phone
- First of all, you must select the conversation in which the message must be edited.
- Then you must search for the message and press it for a few seconds.
- Next, a toolbar will appear at the top of the screen.
- A pencil icon will be displayed, it must be selected and you can start editing the message.
- Finally, when you’re done editing, click the check mark button.
From an iOS phone
- To get started, open the Telegram app.
- Then you have to go to the conversation chats.
- Then find the message to edit.
- Select the message and hold it down.
- A pop-up menu will appear and choose the Edit option.
- Lastly, rewrite the message and, when finished, click the checkmark button.