The Chronicles of Spiderwick , Holly Black’s saga of fantasy books, illustrated by Tony DiTerlizzi , will become a Disney + TV series.
The announcement was made during Disney + Day.
At the center of the story is the Grace family: twin brothers Jared and Simon, sister Mallory and mother Helen. The group moves into their great uncle’s house, there they will discover a fairy world that exists parallel to theirs.
Here are the first concepts:
Your field guide to a world of fantasy. #TheSpiderwickChronicles, a new live-action Original Series based on the best-selling books, is coming to #DisneyPlus. #DisneyPlusDay pic.twitter.com/AbDkEPntZV
— Disney+ (@disneyplus) November 12, 2021
The saga consists of five books, specifically:
- The Book of Secrets (The Field Guide, 2003), Mondadori, 2004
- The Magic Stone (The Seeing Stone, 2003), Mondadori, 2004
- Lucinda’s Secret (Lucinda’s Secret, 2003), Mondadori, 2004
- The Silver Tree (The Ironwood Tree, 2004), Mondadori, 2004
- The Wrath of Mulgarath (2004), Mondadori, 2005
The 2008 film
Recall that in 2008 a film adaptation had already been made, which saw in the cast Freddie Highmore, Sarah Bolger, Mary-Louise Parker, Martin Short, Nick Nolte and Seth Rogen . Directed by Mark Waters , the film grossed $ 162.8 million, proving to be quite a success.