Being added to unknown WhatsApp groups can be very annoying . How to avoid it?
WhatsApp is one of the most widely used means of remote communication, not only for messages, but also for calls and even the famous video calls.
This can be done through private chats between two people and group chats.
The problem with WhatsApp groups
WhatsApp groups are communities of two or more people where you can establish a conversation on a specific topic, send stickers, files, photos, etc. These groups can be of any topic and allow
But many times it happens that we are added to groups that we do not know or perhaps we do not feel comfortable because it was not with our authorization. Fortunately , WhatsApp has a feature that allows you to disallow other users to add to groups.
How to prevent me from being added to WhatsApp groups?
The application has integrated a new group invitation system into its options, to avoid further surprises. To activate this new function you must follow the following steps:
- From the WhatsApp menu you must go to the Settings or Configuration menu.
- Then you go to Account> Privacy> Groups.
- Once entered, you must select one of the options: Nobody, My contacts or Everyone.
- If you put Nobody, everyone will have to ask you for access or permission when they want to add you to different groups.
- If you choose the My Contacts option, it will apply only to the numbers you have saved on your cell phone. If you don’t have them, they won’t be able to add you to any groups.
Now in this way you will be able to know and prevent someone from adding you to an infinity of groups without your authorization, since a notification will always arrive that your approval is needed.